As a nation we throw away 7 million tonnes of food every year*, most of which could have been eaten.
Save time and money with our top tips on how to make the most of the food you buy, and cut down on waste while you're at it.
1. Plan your meals - create a weekly meal plan and base your shopping list on this, meaning you only buy the food you need. You can easily plan ahead by having organic meat delivered to your doorstep with our Monthly Meat Boxes, from just £15 a week.
2. Keep your leftovers for later - after a roast dinner, slice up the leftover meat and freeze to use later in a curry or casserole. You can also freeze any leftover veg in portions for a quick and easy meal.
3. Make your own stock and gravy - it is amazing how far one whole chicken can go. After your roast, boil up the carcass with some onion, celery and peppercorns to make a tasty stock. Use with any leftover chicken to make a delicious homemade risotto.
4. Portion control - use a portion planner to cook the perfect amount for the amount of people you are serving. Love Food Hate Waste provides an easy to use portion calculator.
5. Make the most of leftovers - cut down on waste and save money by creating exciting and delicious dishes from your leftovers. See our leftover recipes page for some culinary inspiration.